FLIR T420 Infrared Camera
Yes! It ships for free.
Yes! Next day delivery available.
FLIR T420 Infrared Camera with MSX Technology
The FLIR T420 produces thermal images of 320 × 240 pixels. The measurement range lies between -20° C and +650°C. The FLIR T420 also incorporates a 3.1 megapixel visual camera. It generates crisp visual images that can be used as a reference against the thermal image in all conditions.
Thermal images and visual images are stored simultaneously when pushing a button. A LED lamp allows for taking visual images also in extremely dark environments.
Now Featuring MSX Technology
FLIR MSX Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging extracts the high-contrast highlights from the built-in visible camera's image and then virtually superimposes the enhanced details onto the entire corresponding FLIR infrared image. This enhances the clarity of the thermal image making it easier to recognize key elements of the image and identify problem areas. Simply put MSX makes it easier to find, recognize, and identify issues.
FLIR T420 Mechanical Applications:
- Electrical - Find hidden problems quickly, make timely repairs, prevent unscheduled shutdowns, and improve plant safety.
- Mechanical - Discover overheated bearings, linkages, and other components before they can interrupt your operations or create safety hazards.
- Utility - Scan large areas and hundreds of connections quickly and efficiently to prevent unexpected service outages and lost revenues.
- Roofing - Find compromised roofing areas at your facility, and repair it before problems quickly become a safety hazard or require replacing the entire structure.
- Building Diagnostics - Even small areas of moisture intrusion can be easy to spot with an infrared camera. Locate and repair hidden water damage before a trickle turns into a flood.
- Energy Loss - Discover missing insulation, faulty HVAC systems, and other issues that waste energy and lots of money.
Multiple Imaging Modes
All T-Series cameras let you view thermal, visual, and MSX images and store them simultaneously for further analysis using FLIR Tools software. Additionally the T-Series offers Picture-in-Picture that inserts the thermal image over the visible photo as an extra documentation option.
Thermal with MSX
Picture in Picture
Exclusive Rotating Optical Block
Work smarter and let the camera bend over backwards and forwards to help you get through your busy schedule. Reduce stress on your neck and back. Scan targets overhead, under things, and from the toughest angles by pointing the lens 120° up or down while keeping the display in easy view.
Remote Camera Control and Streaming Video
Connect T-Series cameras to mobile devices with the free FLIR Tools Mobile Wi-Fi app. Remotely control major camera functions and monitor live video from a more convenient distance. And import, analyze, and paste stored images into simple, professional reports that you can email right from the field.
Sketch on IR / Visual
Use the touchscreen to quickly draw circles and pointers on stored images to highlight areas of interest.
Add voice or text comments to images or use the touchscreen to sketch.
Thermal Fusion and Picture in Picture
Blend thermal and visible images onscreen to identify targets clearly; use fusion “threshold” to isolate hotspots within a scene.
Compass and GPS
Automatically embeds camera pointing direction and geo-location annotation to live and stored images for additional documentation.
Lots of interchangeable telephoto and wide angle optics to see small and distant targets or more of the scene.
The FLIR T640 now leads the way with thermal imaging’s first fully-automatic focusing to keep your images razor sharp no matter where you aim; clarity and accuracy doesn’t get any easier.
Helps you see thermal images and measurement overlays more easily in the brightest environents.
The Bottom Line:
FLIR T420 Features
- A New High IR Resolution - Crisp thermal images with 76,800 pixels (320 × 240) for the better detection, pictures, and temperature measurements from long range.
- Exclusive Rotating Optical Block - Work smarter. Scan targets overhead, under objects, and from tough angles effortlessly with the help of a lens system that lets you point 120° up or down while keeping the display in easy view.
- MSX® Enhancement - Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging adds visible spectrum definition to IR images in real time for excellent thermal detail to help you instantly recognize the problem locations.
- Remote Control and Streaming Video via Wi-Fi - Control camera functions, stream video for live monitoring, and import images and data from the camera using the FLIR Tools Mobile app on your smartphone or tablets so you can share critical information quickly from the field.
- Auto-Focus Precision - FLIR T-Series cameras offer both manual control and the fastest auto-focus in the industry to snap in ultimate clarity and accuracy.
- Accuracy - Calibrated within +/– 2°C or +/– 2% of reading.
- Multiple Measurements - Report all the details with 5 measurement spots, 5 box areas, Delta T temperature differential, isotherm, and auto hot/cold markers.
- METERLiNK® - Wirelessly transmit vital diagnostic data from clamp and moisture meters directly to the camera for annotating thermal images to further support findings.
- Built-in 3.1MP digital camera, LED lamps, laser pointer, diopter, rotating lens, image capture button and auto/manual focus.
- Thermal Fusion inserts IR image set within a temperature interval onto corresponding digital image.
- Sketch on IR — draw circles and pointers on stored images.
|Model Number||FLIR T420||FLIR T440|
|Accuracy||±2% or 2°C|
|IR Pixel Resolution||76,800 (320 × 240)|
|Temperature Range||-4°F to 1,202°F (-20°C to 650°C)|
bx: -4°F to 662°F (-20°C to 350°C)
|-4°F to 2,192°F (-20°C to 1,200°C)|
bx: -4°F to 1202°F (-20°C to 650°C)
|Display Size / Format||3.5”/Landscape (Widescreen)|
|Measurement Modes||5 modes: 5 Spotmeters, 5 Area Boxes,Isotherm, Auto hot/cold spot, Delta T|
|Spot Mode||5 moveable|
|Frame Rate||60 Hz|
|Field of View||25° × 19°|
|FOV Same as IR Lens||x||x|
|Optional Lenses||7: 6°, 15° Tele, 45° Wide, 90°; Close up: 100, 50 μm|
|Focus||Manual and Automatic|
|Continuous Auto Focus||-||-|
|Min. Focus Distance||0.4 m (1.31 ft)|
|Radiometric JPEG to SD Card||x||x|
|MPEG4 to SD (Non-radiometric IR)||x||x|
|Thermal Palettes||12: Arctic, Gray, Iron, Lava, Rainbow, and Rainbow High Contrast (plus all inverted)|
|FLIR Tools for PC||x||x|
|Battery Life||>4 hrs|
|Built-in Digital Camera||3.1MP|
|Built-in Illuminator LED||x||x|
|Insulation Alarm||Building Inspection (bx) model only|
|Dewpoint Alarm||Building Inspection (bx) model only|
|Laser Locator (on IR Image)||x||x|
|Compass||-||Building Inspection (bx) model only|
|IR Window Correction||x||x|
|Picture in Picture||Scalable PIP|
|Thermal / Visible Fusion||x||x|
|MSX™ Thermal Image Enhancement||x||x|
|Sketch on IR / Visual Image||-||x|
|Voice / Text Annotation||x||x|
|FLIR Tools Mobile app for Apple® & Android™||x||x|
|FLIR App Streaming Video||x||x|
|FLIR App Remote Control||x||x|
|Weight (Including Battery)||1.94 lbs (0.88 kg)|