FLIR T420 Thermal Imaging Camera
Yes! It ships today. 7 hours to order
Yes! It ships for free.
Yes! Next day delivery available.
The New FLIR T420 Thermal Imaging Camera
Flexible, Innovative and High Quality Professional-Grade Handheld Thermal Cameras
FLIR’s T-Series represents thermal imaging’s most ergonomic and flexible hand-held cameras. It features a rotating optical block that lets you point the lens up or down along a 120° axis while keeping the large 3.5” (89mm) color touchscreen relaxed at eye level. Scan targets from tough angles without stress.
Using a high resolution sensor with 320 X 240 pixels the T420 infrared cameras arm users with superior infrared imaging resolution that works harder to reveal trouble spots.
The new T420 is a substantial upgrade from the previous T400 series, utilizing a new parallax based auto-focus which operates at twice the speed of traditional auto-focus in thermal cameras.
Other versatile imaging capabilities include scalable picture-in-picture and thermal fusion for easier image identification and added context.
Flir T-Series Features
NEW! MSX Thermal Image Enhancement
FLIR’s new, onboard Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging adds visible spectrum definition to IR images in real time for amazing detail and instant location orientation, with quality so good, you won’t need a separate photo for reports.*
*FLIR T440 and T640 models only
Wi-Fi and FLIR Tools Mobile App
FLIR’s latest mobile app for Apple® and Android™ connects devices to FLIR T-Series cameras for fast image transfer, processing, and sharing plus streaming live video and remote control.
New! Sketch on IR / Visual
Use the touchscreen to quickly draw circles and pointers on stored images to highlight areas of interest.*
Add voice or text comments to images or use the touchscreen to sketch.
Comfortable, flexible, ergonomic optical block
Tilt the lens system 120° up or down and keep the touchscreen display at eye level to make it easy on yourself to capture images from tough angles.
Thermal Fusion and Picture in Picture
Blend thermal and visible images onscreen to identify targets clearly; use fusion “threshold” to isolate hotspots within a scene.
Additional FLIR T-Series Features
NEW! Compass - Adds camera pointing direction to every FLIR T440 bx and T640 bx images for additional location documentation.
NEW! GPS - Built-in GPS automatically adds location data to FLIR T620 and T640 images for including in reports.
Manual and Autofocus - All FLIR T-Series models give you the option of manual control or the fastest pushbutton autofocus in the industry – the key to capturing accurate images.
NEW! Continuous Autofocus - The FLIR T640 now leads the way with thermal imaging’s first fully-automatic focusing to keep your images razor sharp no matter where you aim; clarity and accuracy doesn’t get any easier.**
- Hard transport case
- Infrared camera
- 2 Batteries
- Battery charger
- Camera lens cap
- USB cable
- Video cable
- Transport case pad lock
- FLIR Tools software CD-ROM
- MicroSD Memory card (incl. MiniSD & SD Adapters)
- Power supply, incl. multi-plug adapters
- Calibration certificate
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Printed Important Information Guide
- User documentation CD-ROM
- Warranty extension card or Registration card
- 2 years bumper to bumper full coverage (up from 1 year)
- 5 year battery warranty, full replacement
- 10 year detector (Micro bolometer) coverage
The Bottom Line:
- Rotatable Optical Block – Allows you to aim the lens down or up along a 120 degree axis as it keeps the display at a comfortable eye level.
- MSX Enhancement is a new onboard Dynamic Multi-Spectral Imaging enhances visible light spectrum definition withreal time Infrared images for phenomenal detail & instantaneous location orientation, along with quality so high, you don’t need separate photos for your reports *(T440 & T640 only)
- Picture in Picture & Thermal Fusion – Blend visible and thermal infrared images onscreen so you can clearly identify targets; use the fusion threshold for isolating hotspots in a particular scene
- Manual and Autofocus – Use the manual control option or push button fast autofocus to capture accurate images
- Continuous Autofocus – Thermography’s 1st fully automatic focus keeps images extremely clear wherever you are aiming; accuracy and clarity couldn't be easier *(T640 only)
- Annotation – Add text comments or voice to your images or utilize the touchscreen for sketching drawings and notes; automatically include extra measurements using Bluetooth w/ Extech MeterLink moisture and clamp meters
- Sketch on IR and Visual – Quickly draw pointers and circles on your image to highlight a special area of interest with the touchscreen *(T440 & T640 only)
- Compass – Add the camera's pointing direction documentation to FLIR T640 bx and T440 bx images
- GPS – Add your location data automatically to FLIR T640 and T620 images to include in your report
- FLIR Tools Mobile – The newest mobile application for Android and Apple connects your device to FLIR T-Series infrared cameras for quick image sharing, processing, and transfer as well as live streaming video & remote control
|Accuracy||±2% or 2°C|
|IR Pixel Resolution||76,800 (320 × 240)||307,200 (640 × 480)|
|Temperature Range||-4°F to 1,202°F|
(-20°C to 650°C)
Optional to 2,192°F (1,200°C)
bx: -4°F to 662°F (-20°C to 350°C)
|-4°F to 2,192°F|
(-20°C to 1,200°C)
bx: -4°F to 1202°F
(-20°C to 650°C)
|-40°F to 1,202°F|
(-40°C to 650°C)
Optional: to 3,632°F (2,000°C) bx:
-40°F to 662°F (-40°C to 350°C)
|-40°F to 3,632°F|
(-40°C to 2,000°C)
bx: -40°F to 1,202°F
(-40°C to 650°C)
|Display Size / Format||3.5”/Landscape (Widescreen)||4.3”/Landscape (Widescreen)|
|Measurement Modes||5 modes: 5 Spotmeters, 5 Area Boxes,|
Isotherm, Auto hot/cold spot, Delta T
|5 modes:10 Spots, 5 Area Boxes/Circles,|
Isotherm, Auto hot/cold spot, Delta T
|Spot Mode||5 moveable||10 moveable|
|Frame Rate||60 Hz||30 Hz|
|Field of View||25° × 19°|
|FOV Same as IR Lens||x||x||x||x|
|Optional Lenses||7: 6°, 15° Tele, 45° Wide, 90°; Close up: 100, 50 μm||6: 7° & 15° Tele, 45° Wide; Close-up: 80, 100, 50μm|
|Focus||Manual and Automatic|
|Continuous Auto Focus||-||-||-||x|
|Min. Focus Distance||0.4 m (1.31 ft)||0.25 m (9.8 in.)|
|Radiometric JPEG to SD Card||x||x||x||x|
|MPEG4 to SD (Non-radiometric IR)||x||x||x||x|
|Thermal Palettes||12: Arctic, Gray, Iron, Lava, Rainbow, and Rainbow High Contrast (plus all inverted)|
|FLIR Tools for PC||x||x||x||x|
|Battery Operating Time||>4hrs||>2.5 hrs|
|Built-in Digital Camera||3.1 MP||5MP|
|Built-in Illuminator LED||x||x||x||x|
|Insulation Alarm||bx Model Only||bx Model Only||bx Model Only||bx Model Only|
|Dewpoint Alarm||bx Model Only||bx Model Only||bx Model Only||bx Model Only|
|Laser Locator (on IR Image)||x||x||x||x|
|Compass||-||bx Model Only||-||bx Model Only|
|IR Window Correction||x||x||x||x|
|Picture in Picture||Scalable PIP||Scalable and Moveable|
|Thermal / Visible Fusion||x||x||x||x|
|MSXTM Thermal Image Enhancement||-||x||-||x|
|Sketch on IR / Visual Image||-||x||-||x|
|Voice / Text Annotation||x||x||x||x|
|FLIR Tools Mobile app for|
Apple® & Android™
|FLIR App Streaming Video||x||x||x||x|
|FLIR App Remote Control||x||x||x||x|
|Weight (Including Battery)||1.94 lbs (0.88 kg)||2.87 lbs (1.3 kg)|