FLIR T440bx Thermal Imaging Camera
The New FLIR T440bx
FLIR’s T-Series represents thermal imaging’s most ergonomic and flexible hand-held cameras. It features a rotating optical block that lets you point the lens up or down along a 120° axis while keeping the large 3.5” (89mm) color touchscreen relaxed at eye level. Scan targets from tough angles without stress.
Using a high resolution sensor with 320 X 240 pixels the T440bx infrared cameras arm users with superior infrared imaging resolution that works harder to reveal trouble spots.
The new T440bx is a substantial upgrade from the previous T400 series, Introducing MSX™ Thermal Image Enhancement as a new capability.
MSX™ Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging adds the detail of real-time visible spectrum images captured by the built-in digital camera to thermal spectrum images, providing extraordinary sharpness, contrast and clarity previously unavailable in thermal imaging. MSX instantly highlights where the problem area is for easier orientation to help customers and co-workers see what needs repairing.
Other versatile imaging capabilities include scalable picture-in-picture and thermal fusion for easier image identification and added context. It also uses a new parallax based auto-focus which operates at twice the speed of traditional auto-focus in thermal cameras. The T420bx also includes moisture (dew point) and insulation alarms to quickly identify problems.
Connect your unit to smartphones and tablets with FLIR Tools Mobile for Appleand Androidto import, process, and share images fast.
The T-series even lets you control the camera remotely from your device or deliver a real-time video feed via WIFI! Now you can carry the imager in hard-to-reach places while your customer views a real-time feed on their iPhone, iPad or Android device!
Scalable P-i-P & Thermal Fusion allow you to blend thermal with visible light images onscreen for easy identification; includes picture-in-picture window sizing.
Powerful diagnostic tools simplify on-site analysis right from the screen. Analytics include Delta T, 5 measurement and box modes, isotherm and more. For building-industry professionals, “bx” versions quickly alert users to moisture intrusion and insulation problems with humidity and insulation alarms.
- Hard transport case
- Infrared camera
- 2 Batteries
- Battery charger
- Camera lens cap
- USB cable
- Video cable
- Transport case pad lock
- FLIR Tools software CD-ROM
- MicroSD Memory card (incl. MiniSD & SD Adapters)
- Power supply, incl. multi-plug adapters
- Calibration certificate
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Printed Important Information Guide
- User documentation CD-ROM
- Warranty extension card or Registration card
- 2 years bumper to bumper full coverage (up from 1 year)
- 5 year battery warranty, full replacement
- 10 year detector (Micro bolometer) coverage
The Bottom Line:
· New! MSX Enhancement – Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging adds visible spectrum definition to IR images in real time for extraordinary thermal detail that instantly highlights and orients problem locations.
· New! Sketch on IR/Visual – Draw circles and pointers on stored images right from the touchscreen to highlight points of interest.
· New! Compass – Adds camera pointing direction to every T440 bx image for additional location documentation.
- Superior IR Images – Sharp thermal resolution at 76,800 pixels for solid accuracy from farther away using the 320x240 pixel sensor
- BX building inspection Insulation Alarm – An Insulation Alarm shows the insulation performance of the building structure. By inputting relevant values into the IR camera, the areas that fail to fulfill requirements will appear coloured.
- BX building inspection Dew Point Alarm – The Relative Humidity Alarm alerts you to the areas where there is a risk of condensation. Giving you a readout of where moisture or dew may accumulate.
- Advanced Optics – The widest array of lens options to fit the view and spot size you need for your application.
- Remote Access: Using FLIR Tools Mobile you can import, process, and share images quickly with the free app.
- Scalable P-i-P & Thermal Fusion – Blend thermal with visible light images onscreen for easy identification; includes picture-in-picture window sizing.
- Delta T & Multiple Measurement Tools – Powerful onscreen analytics include differential temperature, 5 measurement spots, 5 box areas, isotherm and more for detailed analysis.
- Annotation – Add voice or text comments to images or use the touchscreen to sketch notes and drawings; include additional measurements with Extech MeterLink® clamp and moisture meters.
- Humidity & Insulation Alarms – Available on bx models to quickly alert you to detected moisture intrusion and insulation issues.
- Built-in 3.1 MP Digital Camera for Location Reference Photos
- Rotating Optical Block for Comfortable Aiming & Viewing
- 3.5“ Bright Touchscreen for Quick Access to Images, Camera Tools, & Analytics
- Joystick & Large Backlit Buttons for Gloved Operation
Key Features Contained in FLIR Tools:
• NEW! Edit MSX Fusion images.
• NEW! Edit Sketch images.
• NEW! Create Text Comment Files and transfer them to the camera.
• Wirelessly import images from the camera’s SD card.
• Stream live video from T-Series and select E-Series cameras.
• Remotely control and record images & MPEG movies from T-Series cameras.
• Analyze and tune radiometric images and measure temperatures.
• Create PDF reports with text and custom logos.
• Share images and reports using e-mail, Box, and Dropbox.
• Import images from the camera to the PC
• Search for images using file name, text description, and other image properties.
• Clickable GPS link in the PDF report (for cameras with embedded GPS tags).
• Remotely control USB Video, Ethernet, and Firewire cameras