FLIR ITC Level 1 Thermography Training
The Level I Infrared Thermography Training Course is geared to the new infrared camera user and focuses on its use for a variety of condition monitoring/predictive maintenance applications. Attendees completing all training course requirements and an thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
Infrared Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes - learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
- Infrared Thermography Application
- Basic Camera Setup and Operation - Basic IR camera user interface, menu description and navigation, operational tips and tricks and key elements to getting a good IR images.
- Thermal Science Fundamentals
- Heat Transfer
- Fundamentals of Infrared Science
- Thermal Measurement
- Electrical Applications
- Thermography Safety
- Mechanical Applications
- Building Applications
- Final Exam
Successful Level I Thermography Training course completion provides Level I Thermographer Certification. ITC's Level I Infrared Course meets all Level I ASNT-SNT-TC-1A recommendations for thermal/infrared testing, as established by the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT).
Infrared courses are developed and taught by ITC’s ASNT Level III and EPRI Level III Instructors. ITC’s domestic and international infrared training staff includes 5 ASNT NDT Level III thermographers with over 100 years combined infrared thermography applications experience. The Level I infrared training courses are taught by certified instructors with extensive experience in a wide variety of infrared thermography and thermal imaging applications.
The Bottom Line: